Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ayurveda - Art of Being Part 2

I enjoy watching this mini movie!

Day 12, and I’m amazed that I have been able to follow this prescribed cleanse 90.5 % of the time. An aspect of the program I have not been doing is my brisk walk twice daily. I know the verdict said it was very important. But those pesty deer-flies really disturb my walk and made it quite unpleasant. However, I have incorporated some Yin yoga, which does not increase my heart-rate, so, I’m not sure if it counts.

The food is pleasant enough, and thus far, I am not too bored with it. As amazing as it sounds, I have not experienced any food carvings, not ice cream, not bread, or any Starbuck's goodies. This is good, huh!

A few days ago I received my herbs in the mail. I enjoy getting stuff in the mail, but my delight was short lived. Yucky!!!! Most of the stuff tastes pretty dreadful, especially the v 2352 Syrup. Thankfully, I take only three teaspoons, diluted with ten teaspoons of warm water, twice a day.

I am half way through the 30-day program and it feels great. There is still days that I feel pretty exhausted but I think it is the unbearable heat we’ve been experiencing these past couple of weeks. Temperatures in the high 30’s, ouch!

A startling benefit I found, is I have the most sound and peaceful sleeps. And my dreams that are very lucid. I wake up refreshed and ready to begin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what's on Your Mind