Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh Honey, I Love you

Who would have thought that I would enjoy adding honey to my tea as prescribed by the Verdic doctor as part of my 30 day cleanse. He suggested I add two teaspoons to my morning and noon teas, and one teaspoon to my evening tea. To tell the truth I’m not much for adding sweetener to my beverage and was not sure if I was even going to add honey to my tea initially. But then I decided that since I am committed to this process I should be sweet to honey by trying it out.

Wow, it has changed how I drink my tea… maybe forever. I can’t seem to get enough of this sweetness (Royal Jelly and bee pollen). Yummmy!

There are many health benefits of honey that I didn’t know about. It is high in antioxidants. For instance, honey has been successfully used in the treatment of a number of ailments. In particular, respiratory diseases, skin problems, wounds, urinary track diseases, gastrointestinal disease, to name a few. To learn more about the Health benefits of honey go here, here, and here for honey in Ayurveda.

I’m on day four of my detox without cheating. I realize you don’t have feel hunger when you are trying to detoxify your body. Because not only don’t I feel hunger, I have energy, clarity and general feeling of well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what's on Your Mind